I’m still having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the timeline works out that most of Pacific Rim’s characters were born around the same time as me.
Like, there is no way that in 2013, before the Kaiju attack, Newt did not smoke a ton of weed and watch Adventure Time. Also he went to a lot of crazy parties and danced like an idiot to Ke$ha and loved every goddamn glittery second of it.
Hermann was probably an avid reader of science fiction and fantasy. I bet he loved Game of Thrones.
Raleigh probably wanted to be Iron Man when he grew up.
Fucking hell, Mako totally watched Madoka Magica and Tendo was probably on tumblr all the goddamn time.
Every single person in that movie read the Harry Potter books and knew exactly which house they thought they belonged in. A lot of them probably had Pottermore accounts and had that shit verified as officially as possible.
Their timeline is our timeline and for some reason I’m having a lot of feeLINGS ABOUT THAT?
it is illegal to be gay in 76 countries
it is illegal to be gay in 76 countries
it is illegal to be myself in 76 countries
that’s about 39% of all the countries in the world
gay marriage is legal in about .07% of countries
don’t fucking talk to me about straight pride ever again
my v scholarly and academic thoughts re pacific rim:
other movies have in the past attempted to be cool
however no movie has ever been FULLY COOL until this moment
and no movie will ever be fully cool ever again it is an unattainable standard
favourite lost quotes
#I think all four of the brothers just wanted everything to be over#they live in a universe that was once managed by God and it is God who gave the commands#now there is no one and they were never taught how to run a universe by themselves#all of them are probably second guessing themselves#walking on eggshells and HOPING that this is what God meant#here they see humans continuing to show such horrors onto the world and each other#it just tells the angels they failed #they’re just so tired of trying and not knowing#watching over humans and no longer receiving that surplus of love that they were so used to#they’re so tired of all the fighting #of pretending they have it all together#they truly want Paradise because Paradise is the last pages in the book#it’s the last chapter and finally just finally when Paradise is met this book can be closed#who knows what Paradise truly is #is it a peace that cannot be broken?#is it death? #is it the end of existence? #would God come?#and it should be a chilling truth to know that the managers of the universe are weary#age doesn’t bring wisdom it only brings weary (via fuckyeahlucifersupernatural)
the worst part about shitty tumblr activism are people from the west who automatically assume that the way oppression functions in the west is the same way it functions in the rest of the world
which is terrible for a couple of reasons
1) white people don’t own everything
2) no seriously they don’t white people oppressing people is not an issue in places where white people are neither majority nor the ruling power and to assume so makes you incredibly ignorant and a little bit arrogant.
3) the complete and utter ignorance when it comes to intersectionality, as if being a person of color makes it impossible to oppress other people of color, or that somehow any place devoid of a white power structure is somehow perfect. it’s not like the indian or malay populations in singapore are oppressed by the chinese-singaporean majority. it’s not like india still functions on a fucking caste system. it stinks of ignorance and exotification.
4) the idea that no one had problems in any country ever until white people came along. while i am not disputing the fact colonialism fucked certain parts of the world, there are problems in countries that actually have nothing to do with white people
also thinking that countries with problems that have plagued them for years and years can somehow be fixed by western intervention because it is somehow ‘better’ without actually understanding how these countries work culturally, politically and socially betrays an eagerness not to actually help solve problems but to be seen as a fucking saviour as well as a really fucked up kind of arrogance that the west has solved all it’s problems and that other countries should take example (hint, they have not, and all countries have issues in some way shape or form)
it says something about Walt that I hate him more than the goddamn neo-Nazis on this show
things I can’t imagine
- someone having a crush on me
- someone randomly seeing me and thinking ‘wow she’s cute’
- someone getting happy because I messaged them first
- someone thinking about me, in general
- someone wondering how I am
- someone finding me attractive
- someone doing something to try and impress me
- someone asking their friend on what to say to me
- someone wanting to get to know me